Edward (Ted) SpellmanPartner email@example.com 515-465-5326 LinkedIn Profile
Ted Spellman is a tireless advocate for injury victims with a long track record of successful results for his clients. He has obtained six and seven figure jury verdicts and settlements in cases involving wrongful death, medical malpractice, brain injury and quadriplegia. He has been recognized as a Super Lawyer “Rising Star” in 2013 and 2014 and was listed in the National Trial Lawyers “Top 40 under 40” in 2012.
Ted handles complex personal injury and wrongful death cases involving workplace accidents, medical malpractice, and motor vehicle collisions. He has extensive experience representing victims of birth injury, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries as well as orthopaedic injuries. Ted has also represented individuals injured as a result of dangerous premises and in motorcycle and tractor trailer accidents.
Ted is dedicated to obtaining optimal results for his clients. He possesses a thorough grasp of complex legal and medical issues and takes a meticulous approach to case preparation. This has produced significant awards and settlements for his clients.
Ted received his B.A. from Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. He then obtained his law degree from Drake University Law School in Des Moines, Iowa in only two and a half years. A native of central Iowa, Ted resides in Des Moines with his wife and four children.
Past and current professional associations and memberships:
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Dallas County Bar Association
- Polk County Bar Association
- Great Plains Super Lawyers - Rising Star (peer reviewed rated), 2013, 2014
- The National Trial Lawyers - Top 40 Under 40, 2012
Admitted to bar:
- 1999, Iowa
- 2006, Nebraska
- Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa - Juris Doctor Degree, 1998
- Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska - Bachelor of Arts Degree, 1996
- State of Iowa Courts
- State of Nebraska Courts
- United States District Court, Northern District of Iowa
- United States District Court, Southern District of Iowa